Sunday, January 6, 2008

La Berge Guatemalteca

I met most of the boarders and am grateful to be in good company. They are all professionals in their late twenties, and very friendly, though I am a bit intimidated I have to admit. One is Spanish, one is Salvadoran, and the rest are Guatemalans. Engineers, journalists, students and a lawyer. Host sister J´is a law student as well and she is excellent company. La senora is a character in the best way--very strong and independent, a former teacher and a house remodeler--two days ago I assisted herin trying to install decorative little windows that she cut to size herself. I´m one lucky duck as far as my instant social network goes, but there is a weird dynamic between the boarders and senora&J, which is sticky to navigate because I´m the only boarder who live´s in senora&J´s section of the house. In any case, I hope to establish relationships with everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You, establish relationships? With people in your house?!?!

PIECE OF CAKE.

You did it once already.

And a very wonderful job of it too!

Love,
Human and Canine