Sunday, January 6, 2008

Helado de Pescado

H and M took me to the Parque Central after the meeting to see the royal palace and cathedral. They are beautifully lit at night. You have to tip a man to park where we were parked, and the man got bumped three times and nearly run down when he tried to stop a passing car with a cheap, agressive driver. It scared the piss out of me but did not phase H & M at all.

H&M then surprised me by taking me to their favorite heladeria (ice cream shop) which is famous for it´s ecelectic flavors. Marylena´s Heladeria makes Burt Bott´s many flavored beans seem tame. Among the choices were fish, beans, corn, salt and varous fruit combinations. I had corn (elote, or cornmeal) ice cream and it was delicious. Next time I´m going for the fish.

1 comment:

tyenfly said...

FISH ice cream?!?! do share what it was like after you get a chance to try it!