Monday, April 28, 2008

Pasajeros

My daily ride back to zona 11 after work was a little more interesting than usual. A familiar legless boy on a skateoard came on to sing his Mayan chant and roll down the aisle soliciting change in his baseball cap. I have yet to figure out how he gets on and off the bus. I tried to retrieve some change from my pocket, but an impressively large woman in a floral dress sat down next to me a sandwiched me against the window. A candy vendor and a sticker vendor came on to peddle their goods, and one of them stepped over the legless skateboarder entirely causing no harm or foul. As we passed the Eye and Ear Campus, a woman got on with a seeing eye dog, the first service animal I have seen in this country. The strangest part of the whole ride was that the driver came to a complete stop at every juncture!

No comments: