Friday, March 28, 2008

trabajo, trabajo, presentaciones

This last week at work was particularly challenging but I survived. People seemed to be in a pervasive bad mood, and work was dryer than usual. Nonetheless, I finished off the week with a fabulous friday at the Colegio Americano de Guatemala. MWs friend EZ is the director here at the American school and invited me to give presentations about sign language and deaf culture. Its a bit wierd because I am a hearing woman, but I figure that some exposure is better than none. I presented to an auditorium full of kindergarteners, then a large group of third graders, then 3 high school classes in an individual classroom setting. In between sessions I had the opportunity to chat with the school staff, and enjoyed it very much. Each presentation was different on account of the ages of the students, but each one brought the reinvention and modification of curiosity. I was very impressed! Part of me just wants to join the faculty here, but dont worry, Ill come home first. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me impressed! If you wanted to join the, faculty we'd miss you- but that means we can visit you in Guatemala! (Now I just need the money first to afford a plane ride :-)). Miss you and thinking of you and your adventures!

Beth said...

Hi! I work at CAG and found your blog....check ours out, too! I'll keep reading yours - it's very insightful. keep in touch! I'm Beth bmildren@gmail.com