Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mis Papas

Last Friday was the start of another fantastic adventure, one that included my favorite parents! I was thrilled to see them rolling their suitcases out of the Guatemala City arrivals terminal. We headed immediately to Antigua, where we met my supervisor MW. They took a guided tour of the historic churches while I met with MW, and we reconvened in the evening at their hotel, La Posada de Don Rodrigo (supposedly the oldest Inn in Central America). The rooms were old and lovely, but were upstaged by the stunning inner courtyard, which yielded a postcard-like view of the Agua volcano. We ate perhaps the tastiest dinner I´ve had since I arrived at La Fonda de la Calle Real, and hit the sack to rest up for our weekend at Lake Atitlan.

1 comment:

Dad said...

The favorite parents were thrilled to be able to share their adventure with their favorite daughter (hija preferida)!!!