Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Gallaudet en Guate II

This world is pequeñito! Walking back from Frida´s I caught a glimpse of a Gallaudet sweatshirt, inhabited by a Japanese undergrad and accompanied by 2 other internationalundergraduates. The mysterious Gally travelers that I missed the weekend before! I flagged them down and introduced myself, and before I knew it we were signing away. It was so wierd, we may as well have been sitting in the MarketPlace on campus, but instead we were chatting in the central park of Antigua, Guatemala, with Semana Santa festivities all around us. They shared with me their disconcerting brush with danger in Guatemala City and their exciting stories from Tikal and Flores. I told them about my internship and the Deaf community here in Guate. It was late, so we took a group picture and went our separate ways, only to meet up again at graduation in May.

No comments: