Tuesday, February 12, 2008

La Pasqua

Today it was I who conducted the socio-economic data interview. FR and I traveled to Canalitos in a bus adorned with patriotic...US...stickers. We walked with the student´s mother to their ïnformal¨home, the word here denoting a ¨formal¨ lack of a sturdy roof and walls. The interview was of intern quality, but I´m sure I´ll fine tune it for next time. FR was very supportive.
While there was no light to see what I was writing, I was offered a glass of coca cola and had the pleasure of observing the most beautiful roosters I had ever seen. I´m not being sarcastic; these birds are surely the muses of all kitsch and crockery fit for Midwestern collectors. Black and white with blood-red crests, slender yellow legs and pristine voices. I wonder if they know what it´s like to be a human where they live.

No comments: