Sunday, February 24, 2008

Amigas

This week in Guatemala was blessed by a visit from a good friend from home. B came down Tuesday afternoon, and I was simply delighted to see her. She has limited Spanish skills, so it was quite a hullabaloo introducing her to my host, E, who is a real character. Every ten minutes E used a token English word, and screamed with delight directly after uttering each one (which I of course also rewarded with a high five) We spent the evening in Zona Viva, a posh area of Zone 10 with good restaurants. The following morning, at 5:55am, we hopped a bus up the road to the Hotel Tikal Futura, where the driver let us off on the median and sped away. B met a shuttle to Antigua, where she remained until I met up with her Thursday afternoon. It would have been difficult passing the days at work in anticipation of meeting up with B, but I was very busy. In addition to the bi-monthly parent workshop, the monthly board meeting with all of the helping professionals at CECSA was held Thursday. Guess who took minutes? Let´s hope that FR finds my notes acceptable, everyone was talking like the man in the old micro machines toy comercials. Thursday afternoon FR went to the eye and ear campus and left me to hold down the fort for the first time, which was a nerve racking but good experience. Then at 3:01, it was off to Antigua to begin my mini vacation with B!

No comments: